THESE COVID DAYS


 



The Covid cat keeps cavey — when outdoors, that is. I ignore the squirrels, cock a snook at the dogs (i.e. give them a nonchalant swish of my tail and crouch down into the grass) and explore the neighbours' gardens, all the while extending my territory. If I didn't... well, this whole Covid sequestration gets kind of old, doesn't it? At least, that's what GG's feeling. So it's important for me to blast in now and then through my cat flap so I can mew her the latest news. Word is, many reporters don't get paid these days, but I do. I get paid in kibble. Yay!

After a hard day's night, and sometimes more than half the day too, I need to sleep it off. GG's fine with that. And so she should be, the way she crashes on her bed after lunch for an hour or so. She claims she does reading but truly? Twenty mins max.

She often sings around the house, although her range is nowhere near as wide as mine. I'm somewhat weary of hearing her latest:

These Covid days, where do they go?
These Covid days, they go so slow.
These Covid days, I hope they end
Before they send me
Round the bend.

Meeeeooowww. Guess who's likely to go crazy if he hears this even once more??
Miaow for now... Fred.



Comments